lunes, 25 de julio de 2011

How Weather affects

Scientifically, weather is defined as “the state of the atmosphere at a given time and place, with respect to variables such as temperature, moisture, wind velocity, and barometric pressure”; but that definition is so boring so I prefer to call weather as the mood the day is and how much it wants to cooperate with you. Weather can affect you in many different ways. Sometimes weather can affect you in a positive way, for example, if the weather is rainy it can make you miss one day of school; but also weather can affect you in a bad way, for example, if you had planned to went to a pool but weather is stormy, you have to stay at home. Weather has many times affected me in bad ways, but also has affected me many times in good ways so I want to tell you about one of those times.
It was May 27th, a Saturday; the sky looked horrible and my friends were about to arrive. It was a very important reunion for me because it was my birthday. I had planned this reunion about one or two weeks before it took place. I had made the invitations for the guests by my own. I made the invitations on a “101 Dalmatians” computer program that had pictures and themes about this movie, and the program was specifically to design invitations, bookmarkers, and stuff like that. I choose a picture of one Dalmatian, a background about bones (the classical ones the dogs carry on the cartoons), green font for the letters and a blue color for all the rest of the invitation. I printed about fifteen or eighteen of those invitations on blue construction paper and for the girls I printed the invitations on pink sheets of the same paper.
I had to organize my birthday spending no more than three or four hundred Quetzales. So the place I choose to celebrate my birthday was the celebration hall in a famous condo called Xelagardens in Quetzaltenango because my parents had acquired the right to use it for free. It was a beautiful place with one medium size pool and a Jacuzzi both had very hot water and a beautiful blue mosaic floor. It also had an L-shaped building, which was two floors and in front had a maroon fountain. Also it had one big garden with a lot of white flowers and green plants. The entrance of the condo was constructed in a colonial style (like the old buildings in Antigua Guatemala) and the streets were made of river stones.
The big day came but as soon as I woke up I focused my sight, through the window at the left side of my bed, on this gray, dark, grumpy cloudscape. I didn´t care about it and trying to had a positive thinking I took a shower and then, put on my favorite cloths but the weather didn’t seem to get better. I watched the clock and I was late, so my mom and I got into the car and my mom started driving. When I finally arrived at the condo there was one guest waiting at the entrance. As soon as we started to play, the weather seemed more and more stormy. I started to pray God in my mind for him to make the sun appear and the clouds go away. When my third guest arrived (and the last one because anyone else appeared after, and I think that was because of the weather), the cloudscape didn’t look as stormy as the beginning of the day.
 Because the weather looked good, the first thing we did was getting the four of us, into the pool and it felt incredible because the water was very hot but we didn’t felt it because the air was very cold. Then, we came out of the pool and walking about ten minutes we arrived to the soccer field but it was closed. Next, we returned to the hall and ate the three pizzas and because we were just four, we ate as much pizza as we wanted. Finally, when we came out again to play soccer in the garden it started to rain, but fortunately it was time for the mothers of my friends to came to pick them. So remembering that day I can conclude that that day I was very lucky because the weather wanted to cooperate with me and affect me in a positive way.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario